Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Between The Buried And Me - Colors




Never before did I think that a band based off of heavily distorted guitars, blast beats, and screams could be so beautiful. I enjoy listening to albums full of \m/ moment after \m/ moment, but I have more respect for guys that can be brutal and branch out into other genres. (That's one of the reasons that I like bands such as Dream Theater and Coheed and Cambria so much.) In Colors, Between The Buried and me expands their remarkably heavy metalcore style to a wider realm, including progressive, jazz, and acoustic elements. A tasteful combination of beautiful, brutal, and epic moments makes Colors not only one of the heaviest albums I own in terms of metal, but also in terms of listening ease and pure musical creativity.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment